|Time:||Every week, you choose either Tuesdays or Thursdays 19:00 CET|
|Duration:||4.10.21-30.09.22, Bavarian holidays and September excluded|
|Cost:||60€ per month (see Cost)|
|Prerequisites:||some knowledge of English, love of reading|
What will we learn?
In the course we will be reading a variety of short stories in English, and using literature as a basis for improving language skills. Each lesson will focus on one story, which will be analysed and discussed in a friendly and lively setting. The aim is to make the students familiar with the highest quality short fiction in English, and to help develop confidence in sharing ideas in a group. The lessons will also be focused on improving the students’ English language skills, and participants will receive error correction, grammar and vocabulary input and tips for improving fluency.
How will we work?
Students will be expected to read one short (3-15 pages) story for each class and to briefly prepare some ideas and observations that they can share with the group. Together we will analyse the language, structure and themes of the stories The classes will be focused on discussion and the participants will develop their language skills through lively debate and conversation.
What are the goals?
- To allow students to discover a variety of classic short fiction in the English language.
- To help develop critical and analytical thinking in relation to literature, society and culture.
- To promote discussion and sharing of ideas related to the texts.
- To provide students with error correction and input related to English grammar and vocabulary.
- To improve students’ accuracy, fluency and confidence when speaking in English.
The author’s list include:
- Jorge Luis Borges
- Margaret Atwood
- Katherine Mansfield
- Leo Tolstoy
- Roald Dahl
- Edgar Allen Poe
- Chinua Achebe
- Ray Bradbury
- Karen Blixen
- Liam O’ Flaherty
- Ernest Hemingway
If you need more information about the course,
please call us, write an email or fill in the contact form:
0151 701 66 162 | email@example.com